Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas as a family

So, me and the boys packed up the dog-mobile on Saturday morning and made the trek to CR. It was uneventful as always, and the boys were ready to get out and run in the yard as soon as we arrived. We couldn't have hoped for nicer weather!

The weekend was full of various events. Last minute shopping. Eating. Sunday mass. Preparing potato soup and chili for the festivities on Christmas Eve. Christmas Eve celebration with the family. Christmas Eve mass. Wrapping gifts. Cleaning the house so that it was presentable to our Christmas morning guests. Christmas celebration with more family. All great fun. As a side note - I did get to try CR's newest sushi restaurant. I was impressed! The red tuna was wonderful! I even brought some miso soup home to my sister who was feeling under the weather.

Hoss is always very content wherever we go. He finds a spot where he can lay down, and he will sleep through anything. Bud on the other hand is a nervous wreck all of the time. He paces from room to room, making sure he knows what is going on at all times. Given that I don't have to leash and walk the boys each time they need to potty, their schedule became a little "off". Saturday night I had to let them out at 12:30 am, 3:30 am, and again at 6:30 am. Sunday was a little bit better - only 4:30 am and 6:30 am. In most cases it was Bud that was whining. Part of me thinks he didn't really need to go, but just wanted to make sure nothing was going on without him upstairs and outside. On Monday morning, it was Hoss that was whining - very unusual. I let them out, they did their business right away, and back inside they came. I led them downstairs, then did a few things upstairs before heading back down. When I got to the bottom of the stairs, I saw Bud laying in bed, but could not see Hoss. So I called his name, and "jingle, jingle" of his collar - his head popped up.........from my spot on the couch where I was sleeping!!! The little booger took my bed!!! Rather than fight with him, I stole my pillow out from under him and took residence on the opposite end of the couch. We shared the spot all night - my legs draped over him most of the time. :)

All in all, it was a good weekend. It was wonderful to see the family and eat some good food. The boys made off with some new toys which they really enjoy. Everyone came home in one piece.


Iowa Greyhound said...

Hoss and Bud are doing a good job standing guard. Sounds like you had a good holiday!

Your grey experience sounds like mine. Off schedules and a midnight walk. A midnight walk, followed by upset stomach, and icky kennel and pet bed. Post-midnight laundry and cleaning.

I gave up and had to share the guest bed with my grey too.

Greyt Times said...

Poor MLN!! Bud had the upset stomach after Thanksgiving. This time I didn't do anything outside of their normal food routine. I think that helped.

I like going for visits and letting them run the yard, but I really like coming home and getting back into our normal routine.

Nigel & Sola said...

All it takes is a milkbone to throw off some Greyhounds for a week. Sounds like you got a little lucky!