Wednesday, July 25, 2007
The boys have developed some new habits lately. I guess they are still "settling in" to their new living situation - though we are quickly approaching 1YEAR as a family. Here is the latest trends:
- Bud has started marking when we are out on walks. He used to be a go-one-time-and-I'm-good kinda boy, but now he will go two or three times when we are out. Hoss has been a great role model (Mr. 6-7 times).
- Now that Bud marks, we have had an increase in the number of times the Bud ends up peeing on Hoss' head!!! They sniff out a spot together, then Bud hikes a leg while Hoss is still investigating. I have to keep a close eye so that I can divert Hoss' head at the last second.
- Bud has always been one to wait until the last possible moment to do his "business". Usually it is on the last little patch of grass available. I guess he wanted to push it just a little further. Now, about 50% of the time at least, he ends up leaving a present for me on the sidewalk! Like a good owner, I pick up after them each time, but the little spot that is left....I almost feel embarrassed!
- Hoss has become excited about eating his meals again. (At one point, I had to convince him that he needed to eat.) At least 3 times now, while I'm standing at the counter preparing his food, he will ram his nose into my backside! As if to say "Hurry up Mom! I'm hungry!"
- I think one of the boys (I'm guessing Hoss) is getting up onto the couch while I am at work during the day. I've been noticing unusual amounts of dog hair on the cushions, and today, I found one of the throw pillows on the floor. I know I didn't put it there!!!
- Bud whines. When we are out on a walk and we stop for longer than 30 seconds - he whines. If we are standing and talking to neighbors - he whines. It's really annoying.